The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Saturday, March 24, 2012

3/23/12 Walden and City Forest

Beautiful day- around 60 with sun. Didn't feel like driving so we went to Walden and City Forest for 3 hours. We started from the parking area at the end of Tamarack Trail and I let Kelley choose the trails. At one point I looked back and could not find her and started walking the trails and calling her with no response. After about 30 minutes I was worried as she had never been away this long. As I started up the rail bed to circle back to where we had last been together I saw her with her friend Sophie and Sophie's owner walking toward me. I was told Kelley had been unperturbed by our separation and after a chat we continued on up the rail bed - on Kelley's part as if nothing had happened.

We took the West Trail that Kelley loves in City Forest and walked along for awhile with a couple of nice guys ( without dogs) for awhile. After they turned off another trail we continued on to give Kelley the treat of the beaver pond and met a woman with Amber, a Chocolate Lab who except for a few extra pounds looked remarkably like Kelley. The dogs played well together and this was another treat for Kelley.

We continued on to the pond, Kelley had a swim, and we took the trails back to the car. A very nice day except for Kelley's AWOL.








The water doesn't have to be clean.

6 comments:

  1. I love all your photos, but especially the one of Kelley swimming in the water. It's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda- I like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exceptional bokeh on the first two photos. What lens are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure she wouldn't have gone home with anyone else! I hope some day my dogs will get along with others the way Kelley seems to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks John- the 100mm macro- I took a little more care with depth of field with these than i sometimes do. Kelley gets impatient if I dawdle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting Faith. Kelley is such a friendly creature - she thinks all people and dogs are her friends.

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your