The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Thursday, September 20, 2012

9/18/12 Newman Hill-Hinds






Rain and high winds predicted so we went to nearby Orono. Once again we tried to follow their map and do the loop. We thought we were doing well ( passes the snowshoe trail) but then came upon a bridge we had already crossed and realized we had gone in a circle again. After some wandering and dead ends we found the trail and continued the loop- but not sure where we picked it up again. Problem is crossing trail and intersections with no markers.




Faded glory - decal on an abandoned  camper



It amazes me that there is still Queen Anne's Lace at all stages from buds to open flowers and dried heads


 
 


Turned out to be a nice hike in spite of the trail frustration- we didn't have rain but Kelley had water to get into. 2  1/2 hours


6 comments:

  1. Nice pictures. I like the ? on your map.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John...I can go around in circles all day and not even leave the house hahaha!!
    Well at least you had a good walk, and didn't end up in someones back yard!!
    Lovely colors are starting to pop, Oak leaves are pretty,but they are usually later...and like you I am seeing things in stages like the milkweed some still in green pods and others open,with seeds flying ! Strange year for sure!!
    I had to look twice at the decal..first I thought what to heck is that : }!!
    Take Care
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment John- the question mark was a way to indicate I didn't know how we got back on the right trail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grace- thanks for commenting- yes, the decal is pretty faded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John,
    I still love your photos.

    I'm starting to up date our blog with our trip photos. Of course they are not as lovely as yours but since nice to me ;)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie

    Thanks for your comments-I will follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your