The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Tuesday, September 17, 2013

9/17/13 Little Long Pond


Yesterday was rainy again. During a break we went downtown for a walk and got caught in a sudden downpour- we ended up just coming home.  But today was glorious sunshine and cool temperatures- 50 when we started and 62 at the end. I thought I would treat Kelley to one of her favorites so we headed for Little Long Pond. We took the Friends Path down to the pond and then followed the pond to the Jordan Stream Trail and that to the cobblestone bridge. To that point we had met only one couple and no dogs and wanting to meet Kelley's social needs we looped back on the other side of the pond rather than the loop down Harbor Brook. This proved to be a good idea as we met several nice people and dogs, all of which made Kelley happy and me more of a social being. We even met Tyler and his person on the carriage road; in the past we had only seen him in the pond diving for sticks.  I was so enjoying the near perfect day that I took few pictures.

 The obligatory pictures of the pond and Kelley in the water- Jordan Stream




Ended up being a 3 hour hike ( including a fair amount of chatting)

On the way way home I took a picture of this sign.



2 comments:

  1. Ha-ha, love the sign!! It made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda- me too- sensitive sportsmen? Don't know what that big blob below it was

      Delete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your