The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Wednesday, May 29, 2013

5/28/13 Marsh Island


A beautiful day. Some things to attend to in the morning so we went to the nearby Marsh Island area. We started out from Hillside Ave. so Kelley would get the pond but wanted to do the drier trail from the end of Penobscot- so after the pond we drove over to the other trail head.  Kelley was able to find water on the second trail too. A friend walked with us so I was doing more talking than picture taking. I have also gone back to my bigger camera ( now that I don't have to keep the camera under my coat) and I found I had to relearn some things and managed to get quite a few pictures out of focus. On the plus side there were insects and flowers so maybe winter is gone for this year.

I don't know this beetle


I think this is a Mourning Cloak



The river was unusually high and this usually small marshy area was quite large.


A very pleasant walk on a beautiful day.   2  1/4 hours

5 comments:

  1. Nice shots of the moth and beetle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda- I thought a butterfly but I am not good at identifying and have submitted it for ID -

      Delete
    2. Linda
      Here is the ID - I submit pictures to them and they identify them and add to there data base
      http://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/sighting_details/901192

      Delete
  2. You know you really should put your hikes together in a book. I'd be sure to get one..great stuff..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks penbayman- I appreciate your comment

      Delete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your