The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Sunday, December 13, 2009

12/12/09 Amphitheatre Loop and a bit of Hadlock Pond

Another cold ( started in the teens and got to the low 20's)and windy but sunny day. I had been dreading winter a bit, thinking the hiking would be less enjoyable but I'm finding a lot of enjoyment in the differences. Kelley likes it all. The plan was to do just the Amphitheatre Loop but I took a wrong turn at the start and realizing it decide to go on to Upper Hadlock Pond anyway. I took a couple of pictures-Kelley took a look but didn't go in. We returned to our original route and finished in 2 3/4 hours. There were sections of fairly deep snow with a hard crust that made for a workout but mostly it was just beautiful.



Upper Hadlock Pond

Views along the Amphitheatre Loop






3 comments:

  1. Terrific. Nice color, sharp photos; I feel like I'm there seeing it myself (and talking to Kelley). (Thanks for the larger maps - I miss your narrative.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks--you jumped the gun-the narrative is now in place.

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your