The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Thursday, February 25, 2016

2/25/16 City Forest


Several days of lousy weather - rain, then snow,freezing rain, and plain rain with lots of wind. Kelley gets spooked by storms and doesn't know what she wants so we have been just walking around the hood. This morning we got a break in the rain - and it was 50 degrees when we got up -  and I thought we could get a quick hike in at City Forest.

 I thought everything would be wet. It was but mostly on top of ice.




 I wasn't expecting ice so din't bring my ice grippers.
I tried to avoid the ice by walking off trail but that was hard to do so we gave up ( I only fell once) and moved over to the Loop Rd. At some point it had been plowed and was clear





But on Main Rd. we ran into more ice


Kelley did not seem bothered by the ice and there was lots of water for her to get into so she seemed happy. I was glad to get back to the car and we did get an hours exercise. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry the day was ruined with ice. I despise this time of year!---and on that note, I'll be absent for a bit---heading to Nebraska birding (and for warmth-LOL!)
    Take care and be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue - this too shall pass - be careful on the roads and have a good time.

      Delete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your