The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Thursday, March 5, 2015

3/4/15 DeMeritt Forest


We awoke to clouds and a little fresh snow. After I cleared the drive and we got to the forest it was mid 30's, s but more sun as we hiked. We started from Sewall Rd. entrance again  and the first part was plowed.


But only to Logan Rd. as the snow was not deep and we continued on to the end




On the way back we took Logan and it, too, had only been plowed part way. We continued to the Blue Trail .





Up to this point the side trails had only been used by skiers and we didn't want to mess up the tracks  but a hiker had been on the Blue Trail so we took that to get back to Sewall. Kelley walks in the tracks but doesn't mess them up.


Turned out to be a pretty day once the sun came out. Kelley had been enthusiastic and also happy to meet two women with friendly dogs.  1 1/2 hours

2 comments:

  1. We got a good amount of snow last night and the sun is out right now and looks just gorgeous! I shoveled our walkway in front and back of the house with our garden shovel (broke the snow shovel on the last storm, lol) I love Winter and snow but I'm ready to start growing my veggies!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serafina- I too like winter but I have my seeds ready!

      Delete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your