The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Thursday, September 29, 2016

9/28/16 Sheepscot Wellsprings


50's and cloudy when we started 60 and Sunny at the end. I thought this hike would at least have some water.

Up Whitten Hill to the N. Headwaters Trail (1)  - I think this is the prettiest section of this hike.


Then we the took the Goose Ridge Trail (8) which crosses a couple of streams and goes by a pond.

First stream - no water


The second stream was also dry and Kelley wouldn't cross the bridge over it so I went ahead to check the pond - small bit of water surrounded by lots of mud so I gave up on that too. On the way back I met Kelley who had got across the stream, but when we got back to it she had to do a long workaround.

OK - back to the Headwaters Trail. We walked for a way  thinking surely there would be water in the river. First chance at the river and it was almost dry.


Kelley did find a couple of pools and that pleased her.




At this point we headed back. Not a bad hike except for the lack of water. Kelley did well. 2  1/4 hours 

4 comments:

  1. I find it amazing that animals find their own way around and so glad that she had a little water to play in. I really love to see leaves on the ground so I definitely enjoy your photo of the path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Yes. Kelley has always been good at finding ways around obstacles - she had to because of her arthritic knees but I think you are right about animals finding their way around.

      Delete
  2. Lack of water..seems to be a theme in most of Maine except up north..

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your