The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Sunday, November 11, 2012

11/9/12 Caribou Mountain


Cold, cloudy, and windy but we were ready for something not near home. Hunting season is upon us so I had my blaze orange  vest and a new bandana for Kelley. She got it off twice but I finally managed to get it in place.  We started from the trail head on Dynamite Brook Rd. which also leads to Catherine Mtn. Not a lot of snow at the start but it was pretty wet.


With more snow as we gained elevation


 View as you emerge from the woods on the connector trail and meet the Caribou Mtn. Trail


I had a hard time with the light today- especially with a different camera but did a pano anyway. Please click the picture and then again for the large version

Caribou Mtn.  pano View 11-9-12


Kelley surveying her surroundings


 The wind made close ups difficult but I did fine this still green fern frond.


I had decided that because Kelley  had been doing well that I did not want to overdo it so at an hour and a half we turned back the way we had come. When we reached the junction with the connector we had our lunch and this was our view


Going back down the connector ( which we have done many times and it is well marked) I got off the trail and instead of going back to the last blaze ( usual procedure) I just kept on. This resulted was  about a half hour of wandering through the brush until we found the trail again.

One last chance for a dip



A good hike on a less than beautiful day. We met no other people or dogs.  3  1/2 hours

2 comments:

  1. I like the "survey" picture of Kelley. Looks sort of like a canine Kit Carson checking the trail before heading westward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Malta. She does seem to enjoy the views and even runs ahead to beat me to summits or ledges with a view.

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your