The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Tuesday, August 16, 2016

8/15/16 Partridge and Ducktail Ponds


Mix of sun and clouds with temps in the 70's but quite humid. Last time we were here deer flies were fairly numerous and annoying - today there were none and few mosquitoes. Kelley was off to a slow start but got into it as we proceeded.

Seems too early





I'm not crossing that. Usually she just finds a way around but today she sat down first.


There are a couple of small streams that cross the trail a small pool. Today they were all dry.  and this was the first water she found.


Section of trail


Partridge Pond





The dry area in the picture above is usually a small stream that we walk through to get to the ledge on the other side.


and usually have an apple break


and more water


Wintergreen in Reindeer Lichen on the way to Ducktail


Ducktail Pond









Last water for today


Pretty good hike. Kelley did OK after a slow start but I think the humidity bothered her- it did me. 2 hours 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I've seen some leaves turning already too - way too early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking Linda- weird weather continues

      Delete
  2. The leaves are gorgeous. I , for one, am soooo looking forward to autumn and to see those first signs of color always brings me great joy!
    We're still toooo warm this week, but I see in the extended forecast we'll have 70's next week. I'll probably think that's COLD after all of this!
    Have a great week, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue- I think fall is my favorite season. We are getting much needed rain but back to 85 tomorrow

      Delete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your