The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Wednesday, October 4, 2017

10/3/17 City Forest

Sunny and 50 degrees. Kelley not enthusiastic so it's nearby City Forest

The colors have not yet peaked



Kelley checking them out



Kelley was content to just stay at the pond but I got her to walk a bit of the West Trail. Wildflowers almost gone and those left a bit ragged



But I did find a butterfly







Back at the pond for a final dip

 

and a family of ducks



A pleasant hour - we got a little exercise and Kelley got wet.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors already 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serafina - they seem slow to me and not as bright as usual - maybe because it's been so dry

      Delete
    2. Yes, I've read that if the Summer is dry then the colors won't be as vibrant and yes, this year Summer just seems to be dragging on with temps higher than usual this time of year and I'm sure that's part of it

      Delete
    3. Yup - I'm ready for real fall

      Delete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your