The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Tuesday, November 24, 2009

11/24/09 Sears Island/ Moose Point State Park

This time at low tide. We walked the road (closed) to the jetty and then took to the shore,going left which meant most of the island. Mostly easy walking except for some sections of larger rocks which require more attention. Kelley seemed to like it all but was disappointed that the gulls had beaten her to all the shellfish morsels. As this only took us 2 1/4 hours we decided to check out nearby Moose Point State Park. A very nice park with trails in pine forest and along the shore. The trails didn't appear to be long and it started to rain so we headed home.


A Sea Plant


Some Stones







The Shore

Another Island

4 comments:

  1. Love the metamorphic rock textures and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we walked for awhile with me thinking the shore wasn't very interesting and then I started seeing better. Somehow my vision cleared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John! How's Kelley?

    We've never met before, and I found your blog by chance. I am a student at Unity College in Maine studying wildlife biology and marine biology. This year for the student conference I made a poster explaining an experiment I conducted called "The effects of varying salinity and temperature on Ascophyllum nodosum and Fucus vesiculosus." They are both species of seaweed. I took my samples from Moose Point State Park in Searsport, Maine, but I forgot to take photos. I google searched Moose Point Park and your photo entitled 'The shore' came up. I was wondering if you would mind if I use your photo for the poster I am making, and if so, how can I credit you in a citation? It would be greatly appreacited, and just think, your photo could be seen by most of the college! :)

    Thanks a bunch,
    Jacqueline Hart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqueline

    Please email me.

    fiedlermeister@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your