The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Friday, April 3, 2015

4/2/15 Walden Park



Overcast, upper 30's. with rain forecast. Decided to go to nearby Walden for an hours walk.

The first part of the Loop Trail was a bit lumpy but the surface supported me if I was careful where I stepped  - a few jolts when one foot broke through the crust. It was supportive of Kelley and she seemed happy to be there. we hadn't been in awhile and that meant lots of new smells.

Still enough snow to make it pretty.









The old rail bed section was smoother as a snowmobile had used it in the past


Coming back on the other side of the loop



There was a small bit of water near the beaver pond and Kelley walked around it but finally decided the snow covered bank was too steep and gave it up. A nice peaceful short hike as we had it all to ourselves.

4 comments:

  1. Bah---I see my comment is lost in cyber space yet again!
    Well, anywho---what I said was that it's always nice to meet folks, but sometimes having the trail all to yourself is mighty fine too!
    Hope you have a terrific Easter. I'll be offline for a few days---much to do this time of year! Take care
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelley likes to meet people more than I do. I have problems with your blog too - can't figure out how to follow and when I manage to get on I get conflicting messages about leaving a comment.
      You have a nice Easter too

      Delete
  2. Your snowy woods look beautiful to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Linda- but ... we have snow forecast for tomorrow !

      Delete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your