The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Wednesday, August 26, 2015

8/25/15 Perch Pond


Our string of gray weather with predicted rain continues and we are reluct to travel very far only to get rained out.  70's but very humid so it felt more like a sauna. We started from the North Trail and found few mosquitoes and only a couple of deer flies - perhaps they are finally done for this year. I'm still aiming for an hour and a half for Kelley.

It doesn't have to be a lot of water


Some nice ferns


Don't know how I got this small pond without Kelley in the picture


She was very happy when we reached the big pond


A section of the Shore Trail


Another chance to get in the pond


There are still a few wildflowers but they are getting a bit ragged.


One of the few butterflies I got this year - it has a couple of fiends





I also got few dragonflies this year so was happy with this one.


and a few more flowers


A nice peaceful hike- we met no one. Kelley did well ,seemingly without problems and I managed to not take any wrong turns. An hour and three quarters was close to our goal. 

4 comments:

  1. That dragonfly one is my favorite--I don't know how you manage to get them to pose for you!! The ones around here must drink too much coffee--they never sit still long enough!
    Have a good day, John. Hopefully you'll get our chilly weather--which has put a damper on the bugs (yay!)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - sometimes I get lucky with the dragons- not often this year though.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully the biting bugs are gone..been a tough summer but not if you're a deer fly..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be about over- worst year I remember - I'm sure Kelley is glad too.

      Delete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your