The Rest of Our Hiking Pictures Can Be Found Here

Finding Trail Descriptions

So as not to repeat myself excessively, I am reducing the amount of description of trails that have already been posted. Please use the search function ( upper left) to find older posts which have more detailed trail descriptions and pictures. You can also use this to find specific hikes either by trail or mountain.



Click Pictures for a Larger View


Friday, February 20, 2015

2/19 and 2/20/15 Neighborhood and Trail Along Kenduskeag

Yesterday we had another snow storm - not a lot of snow but when we left to go to the forest we found the roads were very slippery and quickly turned around and came home. We just walked around the neighborhood for an hour.









This morning we got a late start because I drove a friend to an early appointment. It was sunny but 10 degrees and quite windy so we opted for the nearby woodsy trail along the Kenduskeag. There had not been a lot of activity since the last snow but the footing was still  good and the woods were pretty. Kelley was happy to be out again.





















6 comments:

  1. The first picture is my favorite today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What on earth made that interesting pattern in the first photo? Neat, whatever it was!

    I can't seem to get my comments to publish--am trying to go under "anon"
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue- that's a drain in the street covered with snow

      I don't know what's going on with the comments. I could never figure out how to follow your blog so that I would get notices when you post.

      Delete
    2. John, I would have never guessed a drain. Very neat!
      I'll just keep posting under Anon---seems to work.
      Have a good day
      Sue

      Delete
    3. Thanks Sue - I do appreciate your comments

      Delete

If you do not have a Google account the easiest way to post a comment is to use anonymous and then, if you wish, put your name in the body of your